Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Upcycling Christmas Cards into Geometric Ornaments - How Hard Can it Be?

Ha!  OH my.  Again.  This.  Was.  Not.  My.  Fault.  I swear!  Pinterest, your crafty things are so cute.  Why oh why are you failing me?
It is well known (obviously to those who know me) that I am verbally gifted and VERY humble.  My better half is a rock star in the 'how things work' category so normally we make a good pair.  I had to enlist his help during the ornament debacle because my 3D triangles looked like those tab things they put in your mouth to x-ray your teeth.    

Here's the shakedown of the impromptu crafty date night (not really, but he had a scotch and I had some wine AND the kiddies were in bed AND we were conversing about something not relating to kids, bills, or work).

1.  I decide to whip out a few of those oh so cute ornaments since I'm taking down our Christmas cards and I had some left over from previous years (plus I needed something new to put on here for YOU).
2.  According to the original instructions, you cut out 15 circles (2 inches in diameter) and that's where comprehension of the instructions stopped.  Yep, I cut out my 15 circles and then spent an hour trying to crease and glue them into 3D triangles. 
3.  Enter husband.  Choice words. 
4.  He folds and glues.
5.  Verdict - the instructions are WRONG.  All wrong.  I am vindicated, but sad because I have no 3D geometric ornaments (I'm left with a pile of half glued mock x-ray tabs).

For your viewing pleasure.  I hope you realize the sacrifices I'm making for you!



1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I can't figure things out spatially either--which may have been why we were a good teaching pair! You go for trying!

    ReplyDelete